Working in partnership with Board Certified Pulmonologist Dr. Mitchell Schwartz & Partners of Pulmonary Critical Care Associates of Baltimore, the healthcare professionals at Orchard Hill Healthcare & Rehabilitation Center are trained to provide specialized care and services to patients with a variety of acute and chronic lung disorders.
The main goal of our Pulmonary Rehabilitation program is to reduce the need for hospitalization and re-hospitalization.
Specifically, our program aims to:
- Reduce pulmonary symptoms
- Decrease disability
- Increase participation in physical & social activities
- Promote independence & quality of life
- Coordinated effort and establishment of working communication between all involved parties, including hospital, practitioner, SNF, Home Health and Outpatient Services
- Knowledgeable staff at our center partnering with patient and family/caregiver to manage the respiratory disease
- Tracking of common metrics with root cause analysis to minimize the progression of debilitating symptoms by combining exercise, breathing retraining and dietary management
- Oversight of program by full-time respiratory staff and recognized pulmonology specialty leadership of Dr. Mitchell Schwartz.
- Regular coordinated follow up post-discharge by center’s respiratory staff and nurse practitioner including monitoring program compliance, physician visit adherence and potential need
for additional education and or support
- Physical and Occupational Therapy 7 days per week as ordered
- Onsite and Full-Time Respiratory Therapy
- 24 Hour Licensed Nursing Supervision
- BLS & ACLS Trained Nurses & Therapists
- Routine Physician Evaluations
- Interdisciplinary Care Planning involving Patient & Family/Caregiver Support
- Patient, Family & Caregiver Education/Training
- Comprehensive Discharge Planning & Post-Discharge
follow up onsite visit by Nurse Practitioner
Through treatment and education, our team of professionals assists patients in better understanding of their conditions, enabling them to enjoy independence and improved quality of life.